Since Fall 2014 I'm a faculty member in the department of computer science at Royal Holloway, University of London. Before coming to Royal Holloway, I've been an assistant professor at Tsinghua University (Beijing) and a research fellow at the academy of sciences (Prague). I completed my PhD from Tel Aviv University in 2008 under the supervision of Ran Raz (Weizmann Institute) and Nachum Dershowitz (Tel Aviv University).
My research is broadly on the Foundations of Computer Science. My primary focus is Computational Complexity and the limits of efficient algorithms (i.e., lower bounds). In particular, my core areas are
satisfiability, complexity of proofs, logical methods in complexity, algebraic complexity, theory (and to some extent practice) of SAT-solving.
Find out more about my research in my
Research Statement and Publications ; see also my CV
- Spring 2014: Theory of Computation
- Spring 2013: Theory of Computation
- Spring 2012: Theory of Computation
- Fall 2011: Computational and Proof Complexity (graduate; co-teacher)
- Fall 2010: Algebraic complexity reading group